Tonight post positions have been drawn for the Mohawk Million and Metro Pace, which will be held on Saturday at Woodbine Mohawk Park on Jan.
The Mohawk Million for two-year-old trotters shows King Of The North, who died on the 11th Die Walner-Check Me Out colt is less than a length away from a perfect campaign and finished second in his eighth career start. Owned by Schnittker Ward, Arden Homestead Stable, Nolamaura Racing and Steven Arnold.
The 10-horse field also includes the undefeated mare Venerable, who will start at Post 9 following her recent win at the $ 392,000 Peaceful Way for trainer Richard ‘Nifty’ Norman. She will bring a 7v7 record to the competition and a bankroll of $ 511,255.
Trainer Luc Blais and owner Serge Godin’s nom-de-racecourse, Determination, have two participants embarking on the rich affair. They will send out the youngest winner of the OSS Gold Series, Star Power Hannover (Post 1), and its stakes winner Mischevious Rose (Post 3).
Runner-up in the William Wellwood Memorial, Duly Resolved (Post 8) and the youngest Kentucky Sires Stakes Champion, Selfie Queen (Post 10) also come with solid résumés.
The $ 824,000 Metro Pace for two-year pacemakers has attracted a field of 12, including world record holder Caviart Camden, who moved to 9th place. Owned and bred by Caviart Farms, the Huntsville-Caviart Christa colt set a world record of 1: 48.3 in a stage of the Kentucky Championship Series on the Red Mile on August 24th. Alagna promoted last year’s 35-1 winner on the Metro, Exploit, and will also be broadcasting Atlas Hannover (Post 1) and Nautical Hannover (Post 10).
The Battle of Waterloo Champion Betterhavemymoney starts from Post 5 for trainer Nick Gallucci and Millar Farms. The home-grown Better thancheddar-Whosluckierthanme Wallach has never missed a paycheck in seven career starts and has the highest earnings in the field with a total bankroll of $ 288,162. His four wins also include two Ontario Sires Stakes Gold divisions.
Bob Loblaw, who ousted Betterhavemymoney in the Nassagaweya Stakes, has pulled the 2 post for Mohawk’s course announcer Ken Middleton, who trains and competes the house horse Sunshine beach-Lady Marina Wallach with David Walls, James Grant and Starting Center Stables. Bob Loblaw is a two-time winner of nine career starts with $ 107,927 in wallets.
The field also includes the top three winners of the Pennsylvania Sires Stakes Championship: winner True Blue Lindy (Post 8), who was recently taken over by coach Jeffrey Cullipher; Runner-up Wearinmysixshooter (6th place), one of two Nancy Takter trainees in the field; and the third place Fourever Boy (Post 4) from Tim Twaddle’s stable. True Blue Lindy, a son of Always B Miki from Think Pink, started his career with Mohawk and counts the final of the Dream Maker Series to his five victories. Out of seven starts, he finished no worse than runner-up and earned $ 276,372.
The complete fields are listed below in the order of the post items.
$ 1 million mohawk million
1. Star Power Hannover – from Wheeling N Dealin
2. King of the North – from Walner
3. Malicious Rose – from Muscle mass
4. Valentina Blu – by Chapter seven
5. South Wind Domino – from Walner
6. Dover on the move – by Dover Dan
7. The mighty hill – from What the hill
8. Properly solved – by Decide on
9. Venerable – from Walner
10. Selfie Queen – by Muscle mounds
$ 824,000 metro pace
1. Atlas Hannover – from Captain treacherous
2. Bob Loblaw – by Sunshine beach
3. Many moons – from Sweet Lou
4. Fourever Boy – by Sweet Lou
5. Betterhavemymoney – from Better thancheddar
6. Wearinmysixshooter – from Captain treacherous
7. Ridinelikeyastolite – by Sunshine beach
8. True Blue Lindy – by Always B Miki
9. Caviart Camden – by Huntsville
10. Nautical Hanover – from Captain treacherous
11. Monte Miki – by Always B Miki
12. Market-based – by Sweet Lou
From Standardbred Canada