You can pre-order now Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collectionincluding a $149.99 Limited Edition loaded with nostalgia-heavy content.
The collection as a whole is quite nostalgic as it contains thirteen old school TMNT games. But the limited edition, which is currently available for pre-order through US chain Target (although we expect it will be available in Europe), turns things upside down.
The Limited Edition (coming to consoles but not PC) will include the following physical goodies, according to Konami:
- Physical copy of the game with original box design by Kevin Eastman
- Fabric poster featuring Kevin Eastman’s adaptation of TMNT: Turtles in Time (16″ by 24″)
- Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo Layered Acrylic Diorama (4.5″ x 5″)
- Enamel pin set featuring five classic designs – The Technodrome, Turtle Blimp, Party Wagon, Shredder and Krang
- Set of 12 translucent comic-style trading cards based on TMNT: Tournament Fighter Featuring rarely seen appearances from Wingnut, Armaggon, Chrome Dome, War, Aska, Karai and more (3″ x 5″)
- Full color 180-page artbook with a chapter dedicated to each of the 13 games in the compilation (5.5″ x 8″)
These extras sound pretty cool, but whether they’re worth $149.99 is entirely up to you. You can also pre-order the regular edition of TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection through Amazon and other stores.
So that means the collection has a release date, right? Uh, no. Although the game is available for pre-order, there is no indication as to when it will see the light of day. Amazon listed it as December 31, 2022, but that’s most likely a placeholder date.
We’d expect it to arrive this year, but there’s no news yet. We’ll update you as we hear more, but if you can’t live without this limited edition, you might want to hold off on pre-ordering a game with no actual release date.
Obtain Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection at Amazon